Monday, December 22, 2008

A very sorry Christmas tree

So that's my Christmas tree. It's a bunch of boughs tied to a metal post and set in a bucket, wider at the top than at the bottom, leaning into the corner so that it doesn't fall. I'm not sure that there's ever been one like it. It probably bears more resemblance to some sort of palm tree than a pine tree. Still, it's more that I thought I'd have, so I'm glad for that. And see the lights! The Myhre's had leftover LED lights they weren't using, as well as some tinsel, so I have a little bit of Christmas cheer in my house. Now, I don't have much electricity so I don't run them much, but it's a nice touch. It makes that Charlie Brown tree look great, but it was fun to put together. Just thought I'd share a funny picture with you. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nathan, it seems a bit better than our this year! Our kitten climbs it daily, knocking off most ornaments, the lights are practically hanging on the floor, and the garland is in bunches and knots. Be proud of your tree--at least it looks put together! Merry Christmas,Nathan!