Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pictures

A few pictures from my parents visit. Here, Gloria is having a wonderful time helping my mom dress up. These kids are fascinated with white-people hair - it's just so different than anything they have ever seen or felt.

My mom and I at the top of Murchison Falls during out travels. Any picture of me with my mom is exciting.

The first and only male lion I've seen here, and it was only about 50 feet away from the vehicle. Powerful and beautiful don't begin to describe it. Probably a once-in-a-lifetime sighting.

And giraffes. Murchison Falls National Park is the only place in Uganda you can see them, and we saw them in abundance.

I'll try to post some more of these but my internet is about to shut down, so time forces me to be short.

5 comments:

Megan Sandoz said...

Those are great pics, Nathan! Put some up of the waterfall. That sounds amazing, too!

Anonymous said...

Your mom--the most beautiful woman! Thanks for putting these up. Your mom just showed me lots of her photos from the trip, but of course, she left any of herself OUT! What a treat to see these.

Unknown said...

Hey Nathan. As a new director of WHM I watched the whole loop on the screen in the reception area of the offices in Jenkintown and I saw your photo and so now I'm praying for you. keep up the good work.

S Giffone said...

So good to see Barbara and a lion in the same post!

Unknown said...

Hi just run into you blog today and i must say your lion pic is great. I am a ugandan and i have been to several national parks, giraffes an be found in Kidepo national park as well, they have about 16 of them. Nice blog hope you are enjoying Uganda