Sunday, June 28, 2009

A unique applicant?



I had a thought as I was working on my medical school applications the other day. It occurred to me that I just might be the only applicant this year who was sitting outside to try to get a better internet signal, with five small children playing with his hair, crawling in his lap, trying to braid his arm hair, and hanging from his arms. The foreignness of the situation made me chuckle. Think how frustrated I would be if I were being similarly distracted while trying to work on this in the States! But having the kids to play with did help keep me from getting too bored, since most of the time I spend doing anything online is spent waiting for the next page to load. I suppose I should look over each section of the application carefully, to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes while Gloria was covering my eyes or while Mujuni was climbing up my back. It was actually pretty fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a heartwarming picture you paint, Nathan. You are no doubt in the category of utterly unique among med school applicants. Only a rare few are living such a transformative life.