Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Recovery



The boy in this picture is Kagadisa, a wonderful little guy about whom I've blogged before. I saw him today when he back to the health center to continue his treatment for TB, and as part of his follow-up as a nutrition inpatient. He's also the emaciated boy in the picture from a few posts back. With treatment for his TB and intensive nutrition support as an inpatient, he's gone from a boy who just about dead, to a healthy, smiling, curious, friendly boy. His recovery is a transformation that never ceases to amaze and that I thought was worth sharing, in picture form. His story is the kind that make the stresses and difficulties of working here seem insignificant; the kind that not all children are lucky enough to have; and the kind that make me see the world as sublimly beautiful.

2 comments:

Barbara Elwood said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing this post.
(I'm glad you were in the photo too.)
Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Ditto, WOW! God bless you, Kagadisa. And you, too, Nathan. Libby hoped you would be at Camp Elwood this summer. When I told her no, she slumped in her chair. "I miss him, Mommy," she said